facebook twitter blog Pinterest


Logo Mommy MD Guides Recommended Product RMommy MD Guides-Recommended Product

“One of the hardest things during my kids’ toddler years was when they were sick. Even as a physician, it’s hard to see your own children not feeling well,” says Eva Mayer, MD, a mom of one daughter and one son and a pediatrician with St. Luke’s Pediatrics Associates, in Bethlehem, PA.

“To be prepared for times when my kids had diarrhea or were nauseated, I always kept Pedialyte products on hand,” says Dr. Mayer. “I especially loved Pedialyte Freezer Pops. I still keep some in my freezer. I give them to my kids if their bellies hurt.”

Pedialyte Pops are better than regular Popsicles because the sugar in regular Popsicles can worsen an upset stomach or diarrhea.  Pedialyte’s formula is specifically designed with the right balance of sugar and electrolytes to promote fluid absorption during diarrhea and vomiting so that your child can feel better fast.

Pedialyte can taste slightly salty because it replaces the vital minerals and nutrients (like sodium) lost during diarrhea and vomiting.

Dehydration can make your child feel worse. If you give your child Pedialyte when he’s vomiting or suffering from diarrhea, you’ll feel better knowing that you’re helping him replace the minerals and nutrients he’s lost. Pedialyte comes in fruit, strawberry, grape, and bubble gum flavors for older children and unflavored for infants. If your toddler is reluctant to drink, try Pedialyte freezer pops in grape, cherry, blue raspberry, and orange flavors. You can find Pedialyte at drugstores, where it costs about $6 for 34 ounces or 16 freezer pops.

Pedialyte is a paying partner of Momosa Publishing LLC.  Regardless of whether we receive compensation from a vendor, we only recommend products or services that we have used personally and that we believe will be good for our readers.

The information on MommyMDGuides.com is not intended to replace the diagnosis, treatment, and services of a physician. Always consult your physician or child care expert if you have any questions concerning your family's health. For severe or life-threatening conditions, seek immediate medical attention.